Research interests My research interests have broadened over the years. Starting previously from comparative Corporate Governance research between Japan and Germany, I became interested more and more in many aspects of International Business. Speaking in this sense, I am interested in whatever comes into Japan, whether it is people, money or products. Also, I am interested about what Japanese firms do abroad, especially at the area of mergers and acquisitions. My research area covers the following four areas:
- Corporate Governance : especially research on board room issues
- Human Resource Management: especially expatriates and behavioral research at M&A issues.
- Marketing: especially foreign firms coming to Japan, cross country and multi country research
- Finance: especially M&A research, banking issues.
Research related lectures Elected professor for teaching at Kobe University SESAMI Program from 2013 to today: Advanced International Business. From 2010 until 2012 Ordinary lecture at PhD and Master level at Business Faculty of Kobe University: International Business. From 2005 to 2009 Ordinary lecture: Oushuukeizairon (Theory of European Economics and Business). These lectures for 5 consecutive years were delivered completely in Japanese language. Longstanding guest professorships:
- Konan University (from 2006 until 2014, 9 consecutive years ): Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Governance
- Doshisha University: Organizational Behavior
- Ritsumeikan University (from 2009 until today, 2016): International Business and M&A
- Osaka University of Economics: Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A, in Japanese language): See lecture Plan
Additional foreign guest lectureship:
- Taiwan National Normal University (several years guest professorships) : Human Resource Development.
- Hamburg University rolex replica online and Tuebingen University, 2013 and 2014: Mergers and Acquisitions and International Business.
- Kassel University.
Research related membership at research associations International:
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Euro-Asian Management Studies Association (EAMSA)
- Association of Japanese Business Studies (AJBS)
National (in Japan):
- Management Association (Keiei Gakkai)
- Japanese Finance Association (Nihon zaimu kanri gakkai)
- Japanese Finance and Management Association (Nihon keiei kanri kenkyu gakkai)