The most influential German business researcher Eugen Schmalenbach already stated that it is important for scientific researcher not to loose track to real life issues. I consider it as important; therefore, to do active outreach activities to foreign firms in Japan. As I am native German, naturally, I try to support German firms in Japan, especially at Kansai area.
Open for interesting projects to conduct, especially at Kansai area,
Experiences and interests in the following areas:
- Support at M&A, at search, negotiation and integration of Japanese unit into the German one.
- Reporting issues on behalf of Japanese side
- Broadly consulting for German firms who intend to come to Japan.
- Representation of foreign German units in Japan
- If interesting, translations (e.g. patent translations).
Network in Japan:
- Due to living over 20 years in Japan, many contacts to business and academics in Japan.
- Contacts to official and local entities.
- Kansai-area (Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto region), exceptionally activity at Tokyo or other geographic areas.
Some of my activities so far:
- M&A consulting of German certification firm in Tokyo
- Company- teachings at diesel engine producer in Osaka, Shiga.
- Integration and communication manager for a Japanese Steelmaker at Shinagawa, Tokyo.
- Managing inpatriates of technology Firm at Kyoto.
- Feasibility study and Due Diligence for music group: “Die Soehne Mannheims” to enter the Japanese market.
- Project study for several firms in automobil and machinery sector.
- Project for German winery firm to enter Japanese market.
- Research for German post and DHL
- Research for German Ministry for trading environmental certificates.