Research interests: My research interests have broadened over the years. Starting previously from comparative Corporate Governance research between Japan and Germany, I became interested more and more in many aspects of International Business. Speaking in this sense, I am interested in whatever comes into Japan, whether it is people, money or products. Therefore, my research area covers the following four areas:
- Corporate Governance : especially research on board room issues
- Human Resource Management: especially expatriates and leadership issues
- Marketing: especially foreign firms coming to Japan, cross country and multi country research
- Finance: especially M&A research, banking issues
Research related lectures: Elected professor for teaching at Kobe University SESAMI Program in 2013: Advanced International Business. From 2010 until 2012 Ordinary lecture at PhD and Master level at Business Faculty of Kobe University: International Business. From 2005 to 2009 Ordinary lecture: Oushuukeizairon (Theory of European Economics and Business). These lectures for 5 consecutive years were delivered completely in Japanese language.
Additional guest professorships at Japanese universities (full lectures):
- Ritsumeikan University (from 2009 until today): International Business (in English)
- Osaka University of Economics (from 2015 until 2019) Mergers and Acquisitions (in Japanese language).
- Konan University(from 2006 until 2015), 9 consecutive years about Corporate Governance and M&A
- Doshisha University and Ryukoku University at Kyoto
Additional guest professorships at foreign universities:
- Tuebingen, Kiel and Goettingen University, in Germany
- Taiwan National Normal University, Taipei.
Research related membership at research associations:
National (in Japan):
- Management Association (Keiei Gakkai)
- Japanese Finance and Management Association (Nihon keiei kanri kenkyu gakkai)
- Japanese Business History Association (Keiei Gakushi gakkai)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Australian New Zealand Management Association (ANZAM)
- Association of Japanese Business Studies (AJBS)